Monday 17 June 2019

Bluebells (April 2019)

I first photographed the bluebells near to Clumber Park in 2006. Since then I have returned most years. There is always a fine carpet of flowers in this location and the colours are wonderful.

Back in 2006, bluebell photography was a novelty. I had recently bought my first DSLR camera, a Canon 20D, and the visit to Clumber Park was one of the first outings. I can see from my computer files some naïve experimentation but also some good shots. Most are over processed with too much contrast and saturation. I was trying very hard in the early days to produce wow images at every occasion. Today, I am more relaxed and I am happy to represent my subjects with minimal processing and a more natural finish.

These are a few photographs from 2006 which I re-processed from the original files:




I could now make a technical comparison with the 2019 images. I have noticed a few differences but that wasn't my thinking when I looked back to 2006. I was actually thinking how much joy I have gained from the photography in this location over many years. Bluebell photography is now an event that I look forward to every year. It is a very simple pleasure in life.

These are a selection from this year near to Clumber Park:




















No comments:

Post a Comment