Friday 3 May 2019

Blidworth Woods (March 2019)

The last time I ventured into Blidworth Woods was December 2018 and whilst I don't formally rotate my photographic venues there are noticeable patterns over time, with visits broadly following the change of seasons. I tend to find that a three or four month gap is sufficient to refresh a venue and to provide something new to photograph.

On this occasion the unexpected subject was commercial logging in the woods with large lorries removing stacks of freshly cut birch trees. Keeping out of the way, I had the opportunity to capture some abstract style shots focusing on the shapes, textures and the odd 'painted' log:












Prior to finding the log piles I picked out some late afternoon sunlight in a plantation of pine and larch trees:





Finally, I extended the walk to the edge of the wood where there is a fantastic undulating agricultural field. The compositions were greatly enhanced by more late afternoon sunlight:







   

No comments:

Post a Comment