Tuesday 22 January 2019

Autumn, Sherwood Forest - Part 4 (November 2018)

Having divided the previous posts in this series into trees types, beech, birch and oak, I now have some remaining photographs that didn't fit into any of the categories which I will now show in this final selection from Sherwood Forest in November 2018.

As I walked around Sherwood I captured pictures of the forest paths picking out the scenes that were particularly colourful:






I spotted this larch tree with some vibrant colour :



In recent posts, I have included images looking up to the tops of the trees where the light is brightest and the colours stand out against the perfect blue skies:





I often pass this field of wild grass on the way back to the car and it which always catches my photographic eye. On this occasion I particularly liked the soft tones of the grass set against the autumn trees although I had lost most of the sunlight by the time I reached the field:





Finally, I picked out some of the autumn colours in the plantation that screens the site of Thoresby Colliery (now closed). In fact, I think the hill in the photograph below might be a reclaimed slag heap although I am not totally sure:


No comments:

Post a Comment