Sunday 30 December 2018

Christmas Eve on the Trail

After the Christmas break I have returned to my photo processing to find myself well behind schedule and somewhat phased by a stack of autumn colour shots taken in November. I am finding it particularly difficult to edit the collections in any meaningful way for my blogposts so I thought I would try something a little more straight forward: a selection of images taken on Christmas Eve along the Southwell Trail. 

Christmas Eve is a memorable day in itself but the morning light made it extra special. The sun was lifting the overnight frost in plumes of gentle smokiness creating a series soft halos along the trail. There was a feeling of being guided by the light - very apt for the time of year!









Any lingering mistiness eventually cleared leaving crisp bright conditions for the rest of the day...perfect!






And a mono version to emphasise the vapour trails and clouds..



No comments:

Post a Comment