Saturday 29 December 2018

Blidworth Woods (November 2018)

I was delighted to see Blidworth Woods feature in the viewpoints section of January 2019's edition of Outdoor Photography (p49). It is great to see a local venue, and more generally Nottinghamshire, getting promoted as a location for landscape photography. It may not be 'classic' landscape territory but the wider Sherwood Forest area, which includes Blidworth Woods, is fantastic for anyone who loves trees and tree photography.

On this particular visit to the woods I had misjudged my timings - having not fully adjusted to the clocks moving back a few days previously. When I arrived the light was already dropping fast and I had to quickly move to the higher ground to capture the last rays of the day:









Later, with a high ISO and fading light, I picked out some of the autumn colours:












No comments:

Post a Comment