Monday 28 May 2018

Strawberry Hill - Part 3 (March 2018)

Taking a different route to Strawberry Hill wasn't a terrific idea and I found myself having to navigate around long stretches of churned up muddy tracks. I was diverted several times and eventually ended up at the site of the former Rufford Colliery tip where the landscape changes quite dramatically.

Some of the former tip has been restored as a wetland area for wildlife which includes a large man-made lake bordered with reed beds:




Others parts of the tip are still in use for the disposal of coal and gives a glimpse of how the landscape may have looked when the colliery was operating and mining for coal:











On the paths leading up to the former tip area are old border fences and I spotted the remains of this coal board warning sign:


As I mentioned, many of the tracks were muddy and wet creating these reflections of the surrounding trees:







Finally, a selection of tree compositions, some taken on my usual route from Stawberry Hill back to the car.







No comments:

Post a Comment