Sunday 6 January 2019

Autumn Colours in Clipstone Forest (November 2018)

Coming up in my forthcoming posts are a series of autumn shots taken in the local forests. In truth, I took way too many images over a ten day period and I have struggled to edit them all. My explanation for this starts in early November.

We were actually busy decorating at home and each time I drove to the DIY store I could see all the autumn colours developing. I was beginning to think that I was missing out on autumn, so when I had the chance I took full advantage.

This first selection, featuring mainly beech trees, was taken in Clipstone Forest in very poor light. I used a high ISO (1600 and 2000) for most of the shots which in the past would have produced poor quality results due to noise. Today, however, the technology is so good the noise is minimal and easily controlled in software. That said it is always better to have direct sunlight, as I will demonstrate in later posts, but on this occasion I was pleased enough to get out and make some shots.



















No comments:

Post a Comment