Thursday 31 May 2018

Winter on the Southwell Trail - Part 22

After the early March snow and mist, I thought there would be a quiet transition to the official start of spring.

Feeling that I had enough winter pictures of the Southwell Trail I tended to potter a bit with the camera looking for signs of the new season arriving. For example, the fields were being prepared for new crops, willow catkins started to bud, and a damson tree (wild plum) had flowered:










During this time I continued with the trail views and some close-ups of tree bark:












What I didn't expect on the eve of spring was more snow but that is exactly what happened as the Beast from the East 2 arrived. This started a new round of winter photography extending the series way beyond what I had originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment