Monday 14 March 2022

Sunlight on the Trail

For reasons mostly unrelated to photography, I have found it harder to get out with the camera and maintain my usual output. Instead I have turned my focus to photography jobs that I have been meaning to do for years. The first was updating my old hard drives. 

I have always maintained multiple copies of my photography recognising that external hard drives can fail, although thankfully it has not happened yet. To minimise that possibility I replace drives every 3 to 5 years and thought I would use time wisely and make more copies. This job is now done. 

The second task, still in progress, is making e-books from this blog. A few years ago I invested time in finding the best way to create PDFs of each post. My intention was to sort these into subject based e-books, a boring admin task that never totally got off the ground. Recently though I have applied a more systematic approach and whilst I might cringe at some of the posts, the e-books do provide a comprehensive record of my photography from 2015 to date.

The third and possibly most rewarding job was cutting mounts for prints. Recently I acquired a pack of mount boards and have enjoyed the task of selecting and mounting prints. I had forgotten the pleasure that physical prints can provide as so much of today’s output is digital and screen delivered. The mounting exercise has spurred on an effort to frame some of my work as well as opening old print boxes from years ago…enjoyable stuff!

When I am out walking, even if it is for a short time, the appearance of sunlight still encourages me to reach for the camera which includes this selection from an hour’s walk along the Southwell Trail:













No comments:

Post a Comment