Friday 3 September 2021

River Trent (July 2021)

The stretch of river from Fiskerton to Hazelford Lock has featured a number of times in my photography over the last year or so. Repeated visits allow a greater level of observation, a chance to capture the location in different conditions and record the changes across the seasons. 

However, for a number of reasons, I haven’t managed to get out as much as I would have liked over the summer. Visits to my regular locations have tended to be quick ones, with the photography playing second fiddle to the need for a mindful walk. 

This set of photographs simply records some of the scenes from the end of July. I noticed a nice variation in the greens along the river bank including reflections in the water. I also focused on one leafless tree which caught my eye and some of the seasonal crops in the fields that run adjacent to the river.   

As I plan for the fast approaching autumn season I hope to get out more frequently with the River Trent firmly on the list of places to photograph:















No comments:

Post a Comment