Tuesday 7 July 2020

Harris Squares - Part 2 (Scotland 2013)

Following on from my previous post is an additional set of square formatted photographs. This set was taken on a rainy morning on the Isle of Harris and features studies of a small section of the machair.

In 2013 this type of photography was new to me but it had an impact that has stayed with me ever since. I was enthused by the simplicity of the photography and how the individual images could be presented together in a panel format. Today, I am more likely to explore a subject in multiple images rather than a single capture and I can broadly trace the origin of this approach to this morning on Harris seven years ago.

This was the presentation I made in 2013 and this is followed by a selection of the individual images:






























No comments:

Post a Comment