Monday 4 June 2018

Winter on the Southwell Trail - Part 26

Finally, I reached the end of the winter series with the spring equinox just a day away. I have really enjoyed the photography over the winter and some of the conditions have been spectacular.

When I started the series in Autumn series in September 2017, I had no idea that so much photography could be gained from a couple of miles of nature reserve. It has been a real photographic eye opener and I would encourage new photographer to find their equivalent of the Southwell Trail.

Picking a relatively small area and returning on a regular basis might seem photographically constraining at first but soon the compositions start to emerge, followed by some favourites, and then by variations including: different lighting; weather conditions; and seasons.

I can't think of a time when I have been more satisfied with my photography and, when I say this, I mean the process of photography rather than the output or end results. I will continue to enjoy the Southwell Trail photography into new season and judge all the results in the fullness of time.

In this last selection of the winter there is still snow on the ground but not for along. The bright sunny conditions melted the snow within hours and spring started to take over:
















No comments:

Post a Comment