Saturday 20 February 2016

Millstones below High Neb - Photography Week 52 (2015)

I probably do not get out for as many dawn shoots as I should. First light has a certain clarity which is rarely replicated at sunset and if I look back over my favourite photographs many of them where taken in early morning conditions.

The weather forecast over the Christmas period was not particularly promising except for one day so I decided to take advantage and visit the abandoned millstones below Stanage Edge at High Neb in the Peak District for dawn. I had captured these stones a couple of times during the year but not in early morning light. 

As it turned out the light was particularly clear and its initial warmth was amplified by the rustic coloured dead bracken - it was definitely worth getting up and out!

These were some of the results including a couple from the top of Stanage Edge:

 













No comments:

Post a Comment