Sunday 13 January 2019

Foxcovert Nature Reserve - Part 2 (November 2018)

There wasn't going to be a 'part two' post for this visit to Foxcovert Nature Reserve but once I edited out the tree top autumn shots (see previous post) there was still some images that I thought were worth showing, including these larch trees displaying some vibrant colours:






The larch trees are right on the edge of the Foxcovert Plantation and the adjoining field has a wonderful rolling shape which works well with the plough lines and the autumn trees in the background:









Foxcovert has a great variety of different trees including sweet chestnuts. Some of the sweet chestnut leaves can be seen in the canopy in my previous post but these are some close-ups studies:





Finally, I have photographed this beech tree many times over the years - I really like the angle and shape of the low branches although I find it hard to get the right composition. All the shots seem to have a very busy background - perhaps one day I will catch it right, may be with some autumnal mistiness to diffuse the trees behind:


As soon as I wrote the above I remembered a visit to Foxcovert last April and this is a shot of the same tree in the mist - it actually looks more like autumn than spring but with less leaves and less of the vibrant oranges. It still looks a bit busy in the background but this is the sort of shot I would like to capture with full autumn colours:


No comments:

Post a Comment