Saturday 8 December 2018

Pond Reflections (October 2018)

Whilst in Clipstone Forest looking at the red oaks, see my previous post, I walked down to the pond near to Strawberry Hill Heath where I captured the early autumn colours reflected in the water.

Depending on the strength of the wind the results were either more or less abstract. In some of the shots I used the stumps of dead trees to anchor the compositions. In others, I focussed on the surface of the water with a low depth of field to concentrate on the colours rather than the sharp details of the reflected trees:














The following shots provide some context to the more abstract compositions above but don't work so well as individual images. They do, however, demonstrate how better results can be gained from zooming right into the colours:





No comments:

Post a Comment