Tuesday 13 November 2018

Abandoned Hotel - Part 3

The remaining photographs in the abandoned hotel series includes one particularly impressive piece of art work. I have no idea who is depicted in the mural or whether it has any cultural significance...my interest was therefore to simply reflect the artistic impact of the wall painting:



There was some evidence that people had used the hotel's apartment or bedroom spaces as temporary homes - although I saw nobody whilst I was walking around the building:










Finally, the building has collapsed at one end and it looked fire damaged:







Right, that concludes all the photographs of the abandoned hotel. Hopefully I managed to convey something of its eerie scale, isolation, and derelict nature -  there was a strange silence as I walked around the building which I found quite disconcerting and although I enjoyed the photography I was pleased to start the journey back towards Playa Blanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment