Tuesday 31 July 2018

Spring on the Southwell Trail - Part 18 (June 2018)

This is the final post in the Spring on the Southwell Trail series and as the season drew to a close, the trail was shaded by a thick canopy of leaves and the green verges had started to encroach onto the path. I continued to capture these changes but it was harder to draw out the compositions as much of the trail looked very similar. Individual trees that I recognised in winter and early spring were now disguised by the dense foliage:








Moving off the trail into the surrounding fields provided more light to work with. I captured my favourite ash trees (yet again!) but this time with a stiff breeze blowing the leaves and the wheat crop:


 





I also visited Edingley Beck which was now covered in weed. I have included a comparison from earlier in the year to show the difference:


Finally, the view from the trail which is now very restricted due to the height of the fast growing ferns - again I have included a comparison from earlier in the year:




I have already started a summer series, or rather I have continued to take photographs along the trail during July, but I can see that the volume is greatly reduced. The weather has been unusually hot and the ground has been very parched. I think the summer series will be more documentary than landscape photography - a bit like this post - but there is still enough time for this to change; who knows what the British weather will serve up in the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment