Monday 30 July 2018

Hunstanton - Part 2 (June 2018)

The wreck of the Sheraton on Hunstanton beach has an interesting history from its launch as a trawler in 1907, to its use as a target ship during World War Two, and its eventual wrecking in 1947 (1). This is a photograph of the remains of Sheraton taken on my previous visit to Hunstanton in 2013:


For this visit I decided to concentrate the close-up details including the rivets and the rust:







It wasn't really landscape photography weather, in fact it was quite dull. This was the scene looking across The Wash, followed by views of the beach and the lighthouse above the cliffs:







Walking back to the car, I set myself the task of taking one photograph that summed up the conditions and represented a grey summer's day at the seaside - this was the one I chose:


(1) More information about the Sheraton wreck can be found on Nautical Archaeology Society site and at Norfolk Heritage Explorer 


No comments:

Post a Comment