Monday 11 June 2018

Spring on the Southwell Trail - Part 3

The weather in the first half of April stopped my normal photographic activities on the trail. Taking shelter under one of the trail’s bridges, I started looking at the brick work as an alternative subject matter. I have taken similar shots in the past but thought I would give it another go.

There are two bridges on this part of the trail and I assume they are Victorian, dating from the building of the railway in the in the late 1800’s. Over the years the red brick has coloured with dirt, probably fungus, and there are many cobwebs partcularly on the dark underside.













In the damp environment near to bridge, I spotted this scarlet elf cup (Sarcoscypha cocinea). Apparently, it is not poisonous but is considered inedible - I think I understand why!


Finally, some shots of a fence post and another unusual abstract subject. The wet weather had drawn out the patterns and the colours although it was difficult to achieve a full depth of field on the round posts:








No comments:

Post a Comment