Thursday 14 June 2018

Misty Robin Hood Hill (April 2018)

As seems to be the way these days, I have more images from one outing with the camera than will fit comfortably into one post. This has something to do with the weather conditions in the first quarter of 2018 but mainly I am enjoying my photography which tends to result in more images. I guess I could edit more, both at the capture stage and in post processing, and may be I could showcase the images better but I don't think that is the purpose of a photoblog. For me, the photoblog is a like an artists sketchbook, it is an opportunity to experiment and develop themes as part of a creative process. Some of it will be rough work but there will be some gems in there that I can extract and use to showcase my photography at a later date.

In the meantime, this next selection follows on from my previous post with all images taken on the same misty day.

I intended to start the photography on Robin Hood Hill but the mist was so heavy I didn't get much further than the gate on Greaves Lane. I took a few record shots, see below, and then moved on to Foxcovert Nature Reserve near Calverton where the ground is lower but there is still enough elevation for the mist to impact.





All the shots from Foxcovert were covered in my previous post (Autumn in Spring) but this set was taken in a neighbouring plantation of pines trees which I think is called the Watchwood Plantation. I always think pine trees and mist go well together:










I thought the forestry roads also made good subjects in the misty conditions:





Finally, some close-ups of young birch trees which I like, despite the simple nature of the compositions:




No comments:

Post a Comment