Saturday 26 May 2018

Winter on the Southwell Trail - Part 20

The cold winds from the 'Beast from the East' died away after a couple of days leaving misty conditions along the Southwell Trail and another great opportunity to get out with the camera.

I once heard it said, 'there isn't an image that mist can't improve'.

I tend to agree, mist adds some mystery to photograph, separates elements like the foreground from the background, and diffuses tone and contrast. It is one of the rare occasions when the air itself can be photographed - if that makes sense.

In terms of the Southwell Trail series, this was my first opportunity to photograph the trail in misty conditions. Normally, I would expect a bit of mist in autumn but there wasn't any in 2017, or if there was, I missed it.

So with that in mind I made the most of the opportunity and these were some of the results:























No comments:

Post a Comment