Thursday 26 April 2018

River Trent - Part 1 (February 2018)

In this first selection of photographs from the River Trent near Gunthorpe, I focus on the tree lined river cliffs which sit below East Bridgford. From previous experience the photography can be difficult on this section of the river. The cliff can be very dark in the landscape but on this occasion the fine low winter sunlight tended to dictate the compositions:














The Gunthorpe side of the river is mainly low flood plain dotted with trees and farmland. I spotted this standalone ivy tree (Hedera helix) which identified from the berries. It attracted my attention as it was of the few trees with leaves (ivy being evergreen) and then I thought was unusual as I normally think of ivy as a climbing or groundcover plant.




No comments:

Post a Comment