Friday 16 March 2018

Winter on the Southwell Trail - Part 1

Unsurprisingly, the first set of the winter series on the Southwell Trail is similar to the late autumn photographs. In this respect winter started slowly. The fantastic light of late December persuaded me to continue with the series along with the enjoyment of the walking combined with the photography.

The Southwell Trail walks are now a habit as I contemplate the spring season which is just around the corner. Whilst this reminds me that I am nearly a complete season behind with my posts, it does allow me to signal what is to come in the series including snow at the end of January and the real event of the winter, the 'Beast from the East' in late February and early March (1).

In the meantime these are the results from late December and that wonderful winter light I mentioned:


















(1) The beast from the east was the name given to a clash of easterly Siberian winds with Storm Emma from the south. The result was widespread snow falling across most of the country with major disruption to roads and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment