Saturday 3 February 2018

Doorstep Photography (November 2017)

This small set of photographs captures a local field in the late afternoon sun. They are part of a doorstep photography series, which is my term for any photograph taken within walking distance of home.

Doorstep photography provides the extra motivation to get of the house and be more active. The camera also allows me to see my surroundings in a different way. Putting a rectangular frame around a subject or scene cuts through the familiar leading to a greater appreciation of the local environment.

Increasingly I find that I value the results from doorstep photography as much as photographs taken at the more established landscaping venues:





After the sun had dipped below the horizon I caught these reflections in a large puddle at the gate of the field.




No comments:

Post a Comment