Monday 5 December 2016

Nansidwell - Photography Weeks 9 & 40 (2016)

Earlier in the year I skipped four weeks of photo processing in favour of posting more current images. Despite the good intention, it wasn't long before I was behind again and, as we enter December, I am still processing October's images.

Included in the latest week's photos are a set of images taken at Nansidwell, a small cove in between Maenporth and Mawnan Smith in Falmouth Bay (labelled Bream cove on several online maps). As I started to write the post, I was reminded of a half-forgotten image taken in early spring and, searching through the catalogue, I found it was in one of the skipped weeks. Better late than never, here it is:


It was chance capture taken from the road that leads to Nansidwell. I had seen the rainbow as I parked and, walking back along the lane, I eventually found an opening with a field of daffodils. In some ways I find it more satisfying to look at images out of season. I think it has something to do with not being able to get out and repeat, or better, the photograph - the time, the season, has well and truly passed.

More early spring was evident on the day with this primrose growing on the pleasant wooded path down to the beach at Nansidwell:


Whilst on the beach, I concentrated on the rock formations as foreground interest but the photography was quickly curtailed by rain - if I remember correctly:


The conditions for the images taken in October were fairly similar, dull with frequent showers. This time I focussed on the detail of the rock formations with the following results:











No comments:

Post a Comment