Wednesday 5 October 2016

Cape Cornwall - Photography Week 30 (2016)

Having not posted for six weeks, I was in two minds about restarting the photoblog from the current date or whether to continue from where I had left off. In the end I decided it was best to persist with the format until the end of the year and then review the whole idea of photoblogging.

Originally I had set out to capture a record of the images that I take - either good, bad or indifferent - in order that I could plan to improve my photography. Over the last year or so it has provided an opportunity to review virtually every image that I have taken rather than selecting one or two for display on photography websites.

I have learned during this time that slowing down and taking fewer photographs is the best way of achieving a quality output whilst acknowledging that photography is a fun activity where getting out of the house and seeing things is more important than the final results.

All in all, I guess the photoblog is jumble of images taken for fun with a few self labelled "good-ones" thrown in. As an aside, it has also highlighted  how difficult it is to write more than a couple of sentences without making endless mistakes - missing words, misspellings, poor grammar, cringe worthy ramblings and the realisation that I should have paid more attention at school!

So.....on to the photos from week 30 (25th to 31st July) when it was still warm and sunny (although, as I sit at the PC, October is not doing a bad job of keeping summer alive).

These are a selection of images taken on a family outing to Cape Cornwall which started with a walk to Kenidjack Cliffs. The path follows the line of the cliffs to Kenidjack Valley and the remains of the Boswedden Mine dating from the mid 19th century:





Climbing to the top of Kendidjack cliffs there are views back to Cape Cornwall and then towards the Botallack Mine. Using a large lens I could focus in the Crowns' engine houses at Botallack:






As we all took a rest and enjoyed the weather I spent a few minutes studying the lichen covered rocks and finding some mini-gardens, textures and patterns:











The last part of day was more photography driven with a stop at Porth Nanven. I had particularly wanted to visit this venue at low tide but unfortunately I was hampered by a loss of light and quite a few other visitors. My compositions were limited at times but this set shows the huge photographic potential of this cove - another visit will be required I think...













No comments:

Post a Comment