Sunday 30 October 2016

Burbage Rocks - Photography Week 36 (2016)

Strong blustery conditions drove me away from Stanage Edge to the more sheltered Burbage Rocks (or Burbage Edge). Walking back to the car I passed the unusual sight of a large red sofa next to the pathway - it certainly wasn't the day to sit back and enjoy the view or for filming (which I assumed was its purpose).

Later in the week I found this link and all was explained:

http://www.rewildingbritain.org.uk/magazine/bbc-breakfast-debate

Conditions were more comfortable on Burbage Rocks for photography and I started by focussing on some abandoned millstones. Most of these are in the vicinity of a disused quarry which cuts into the Edge:




At this time of the year there is side lighting on Burbage Rocks with views across to Higger Tor or further up the Edge towards Upper Burbage Bridge:








The direct light disappeared shortly before sunset but there was a pleasant afterglow:







No comments:

Post a Comment