Sunday 17 July 2016

Rocks at Godrevy- Photography Week 21

During the winter I had largely ignored the rocky area in front of the lighthouse at Godrevy. This was mainly due to the weather conditions and the pounding waves. Whilst I have seen some very dramatic shots captured from this vantage point, I tend to be on the very conservative side of extreme photography!

As we move into the summer the seas are much calmer and it is easier to set up and make some compositions. These are some of the results:





Later, there was an opportunity for some shots into the light. Picking a foreground was a bit of challenge. In the end I favoured a shallow foreground with a compositional arc to the lighthouse and the setting sun. The cloud line makes the final results a little messy and I think there will be better days for capturing this particular scene.








No comments:

Post a Comment